Knowledge Base

Can a Complainant claim an award of damages or payment of compensation from the Respondent as a part of a Proceeding?

No. Any claim for damages or compensation must be made through either court action or arbitration proceedings as the Panel has no power to make such awards.

In the context of a Proceeding, the only remedies available to the Complainant are the transfer of the registration of the domain name to the Complainant or deletion of the registration of the domain name.

Was this article helpful?